Let’s be honest with ourselves. Getting your credit report is the last thing that anyone wants to do or even think about for that matter. Sometimes, it’s just something that needs to be done. Annual Credit Report has created this simple process of walking you through to help you get your credit reports safely. By following this simple step-by-step process, you will glide through the process of getting your credit report.
A Few Things You Should Know
There are many companies out there that have competing sites. The problem with them is that nine times out of 10, they’re trying to sell you something that’s not what we are interested in. All we want is our credit report. I’m going to show you how to get your credit report through Annual Credit Report. But before you begin, it may be helpful to save your credit report as a PDF. If you do not have a PDF printer installed on your computer. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software is the free global standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents.
How To Get A Credit Report By Using AnnualCreditReport.com
Credit reports may affect your mortgage rates, credit card approvals, apartment requests, or even your job application.
Once downloaded, you can use your print button to save documents as a PDF file.
- Step 1: Go to annualcreditreport.com. Once you’re there, click on the big red button on the bottom left of the page and request your free credit reports.
- Step 2: The page you’ll be redirected to, will explain the process to you. After reading through, click the red button on the bottom of the page and request your credit reports.
- Step 3: Time to enter your personal information. On this page, you will need to enter the following information as accurately as possible. Keep in mind that the information you enter must match the information the credit bureaus have on file for you. If you have recently moved or have never used your current address as a reference to pull credit, then use a previous address the credit bureaus have on file. There is a CAPTCHA code at the bottom of the form. Remember the letters are case-sensitive, so if you see an uppercase letter then input it as an uppercase letter in the box. This is how the website knows that you are a real person and not just some robot.
- There is a CAPTCHA code at the bottom of the form. Remember the letters are case-sensitive, so if you see an uppercase letter then input it as an uppercase letter in the box. This is how the website knows that you are a real person and not just some robot.
- Step 4: After having completed the form from Step three, you will be asked which credit reports you would like. This is a very crucial step and it is important that you select all three. The reason for choosing all three is because most of the time each report will have slightly different information. Creditors are not required to report to all the credit bureaus. Click next and you will be directed to each of the three credit bureaus websites to pull your credit reports. Remember the navigation bars at the top of the page for annualcreditreport.com.
- Step 5: At the TransUnion website, you will be asked to confirm your information. If all is correct, then click continue. Step 6: Identity verification survey. Make sure to take your time answering these questions as some of the questions may require you to remember stuff from your background. The Challange Questions may be
- Step 6: Identity verification survey. Make sure to take your time answering these questions as some of the questions may require you to remember stuff from your background. The Challange Questions may be difficult, but give the best answer. Remember it can be none of the above, just take your time to answer.
- Step 7: After being successfully identified, you will be brought to a screen where you’re going to download your credit report to your computer. In the middle of the screen, click save as PDF. Do not leave your current screen after you’ve downloaded your report. On the same screen, go to the right-hand top where it says “repeat these steps for each credit report” and click on “get your next report” or “finish”.
Other Procedures To Follow
You will get a warning message stating that you should print your credit report. For your own records, you may do so, but remember you already downloaded a copy onto your computer. You can print it at any time. If you choose to do so, click on “yes I want to return to annualcreditreport.com. Click “get your next credit report”. For your Equifax report, you will be asked to verify the last four digits of your social security number, and then click continue.
Even though you are the same person on the same website because, you will need to go through the verification process again, similar to step 6. Read through all the questions carefully and answer them to the best of your ability. After successfully being verified, take note of your transaction code and keep it in a safe place then click view and print your report. On the next page, click save as PDF on the top right side of the webpage. Click “get your next report” or “finish” to obtain your (– removed HTML –) third and final credit report. A pop-up will appear on your screen, asking you if you’re sure you would like to continue.
Click on the third option that says “obtain additional disclosure files”. Click get your next credit report, enter the last four digits of your social security number and click Submit. On the Experian website, you will be redirected to your order summary note and click submit. Complete the verification questions and click continue at the end of the page. Continue on to do the same also with TransUnion to obtain your credit report file.
Getting All Your Credit Reports
After being verified, you will be directed to a page where you are asked if you want to print your credit report.There doesn’t seem to be a “download as PDF” button anywhere, so what you need to do to download your report is click print report and the print screen will come up. This is where you will be able to download your report. Click on save as PDF. You’ve successfully obtained all three of your credit reports for free. Be sure to read over them, and make sure that all the information is correct, and that there are no mistakes.
Over 56% of consumers in the U.S. population are all living with Bad Credit. Having bad credit is damaging to lifestyle and financial happiness. Consumers with bad credit are unable to get the best interest rates and with low credit scores. Spot inaccurate information and learn necessary resources to dispute inaccurate information to remove negative data entirely. This is vastly different than simply disputing an debt does not belong to a consumer for validation of debt. The dates of default are very significant when reporting consumer debt and especially when it comes to collections. Many consumer credit reports contain collection accounts that can be removed entirely for violations of rules and regulations when disputed properly, using the right statute violations.